what do u think?

My br wrecked his car so he asked my dad if he could buy the one in our yard my dad knows he didnt have the money and said yes just pay me later. well thet BOTH worked on the car for HOURs and it runs fine and is safe for his kids. Our electic almost got cut off bc we dont have money for it. My sister just called and asked if my bf was gonna buy the car i said yeah in the long run. she said well she has someone that will buy it NOW. I asked what does she want my dad to do. take the car from my bf to sell it so hes s.o.l after helpin with it too? Her response was well do u want electric. yes i do but he helps us out so we helpped him out. u cant just take the car back. What would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know its family and its a hard decision b/c you don't want to disappoint, but don't give it back. It was promised to you with your dad's trust to pay later and the work that you have done on the car was your "bonded word" to keep that promise and added value to the car itself. There are other ways to get the money to pay for the electricity bill such as taking on odd jobs from neighbors, selling unwanted items around the house, or taking on a temporary part-time job. There's always a way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2009