what other fruit goes good with banana? (not strawberry)

I'm making a banana pudding for my growth group tonight. A layer of nilla wafers, a layer of vanilla pudding, a layer of banana, and a layer of cool whip, and then repeat. I was thinking of putting some other fruit (I love blueberries) but I really don't think that goes with banana!! I HATE strawberries. A lot. A lot. Lol. Anyone have any suggestions??

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Okay...that's it....I'm joining your growth group tonight! I don't care what you put in with it - I love ALL fruit and I just want whatever you've got! LOL

Honestly....all the suggestions sound wonderful. Blueberries and/or red raspberries would be nice compliments in taste and color.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• pineapple, but not sure how that would mix with the pudding.

blueberries don't sound too bad. Or raspberries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I like blueberries with banana. I make a really yummy fruit salad with banana, strawberries and blueberries (with powdered sugar and sour cream mixed together and poured over it), and they taste good together. Other than that though I can't think of anything.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• another vote for blueberries
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Eh : / The only thing I can think of is apple, but I don't think crunchy OR cooked apples would mesh well with the pudding. I agree with peaches, that sounds really good. How about cherries? I dunno. My great grandma makes this absolutely AMAZING maraschino cherry pudding from scratch.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I make pineapple upside down cake- Its a graham cracker crust, banana pudding and french vanilla pudding mixed, with real chunks of banana and crushed pineapple, than lite cool whip on the top with chocolate drizzle and lemon cravings... If you buy everything "lite" on weight watchers a serving of it is only 4 points and its AMMMAAZZZINNGG. So I would suggest pineapple.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Kiwi! YUM!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 11:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• UGH JnCV WHYYYYYY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO ME?!

Now I want pineapple and chocolate =) And I don't even like pineapple! Now that I think about it, pineapple would add a cool tropical twist to the pudding.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Its very good, I encourage people to make it at home for a lite desert for there family- Can't go wrong with fruit and lite toppings! its sooo good, now I want to run to the store and make one...YUUMMMYYY!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• im with blueberries also
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009