how do i begin potty training?

My daughter is always ripping her diapers off and peeing on the floor..is it time to start potty training? She is almost 16 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try if she isn't ready don't force her.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Potty training is my expertise! She is taking her diaper off because she does not want to have a wet diaper on her. This is a sign that she is ready to start using the potty. So the next step is to introduce the potty. If you are using a little potty my advice is to put it out in the open (living room) and keep her diaper off. Every 10 minutes ask her if she needs to make pee pees. If you are consistent you should have luck with this. Also if she has an accident on the floor, show her how to clean it up. This involves them in all the aspects of potty training. Toddlers love to help too. I have other methods too, just send me an emai
    verygina

Answer by verygina at 12:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009