Cockroaches, eww, please help???

Hi i am not a dirty person, a couple of times me and hubby were tired after a long day of working and we left the dishes in the sink overnight, which cased our cockroach infestation. Now im stuck with them, they crewl in my pantry, they crawl in my silverware drawer and they are smelling up my house, they even creep in the restroom. I tried roach bates and extra cleaning and bleaching everything, but nothing i mean nothing is getting rid of these basty creachers. I clean my silverware and the whol drawer everyday and they still get bakc in it, i am so sick to eat in my own home we eat out all the time, and i will not have company over. HELP and please don't bash, im a clean person that made a silly mistake to leave dishes in the sink over night which i beat many have done and now i have a home that looks like joes apartment. HELP what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you know what they say if the world were to be nuclear bombed the only thing that would survive would be cockroaches... dont mess around with this stuff call an extrerminator and spend teh cash to get rid of them infestations happen and my guess it had little to do with your dishes and more to do with a neighborhood wide issue generally when a person gets a mouse rat or roach infestation it is going on neighborhood wide dont beat your self up about it just call the orkin man
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Try smoking it out. They sell roach bombs, you cover everything up in the house, close all the windows, set off the bomb and leave the house for so many hours. Those things are nasty little bastards, they procreate so quick and before you know it you have an infestation. If the bomb doesn't work you might have to call an exterminator.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• you can try putting borax laundry soap where ever they are sprinke a little where ever, cept maybe the silverware. but once they hit the soap it kills them. and sprinkle it around the perimeter of the room. exterminator is probably the best bet though those things are evil!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I agree, at this point your best bet is an exterminator. But if you can't do that cause of cost, do the roach bomb. Heck, do two if ya gotta. those little suckers are hard to kill.
    And you know what, you shouldn't feel bad, that one or two times of leaving dishes out didn't cause them, they were already there, in the walls, they just took it as a sign that they could come out of hiding, then multiplied like the dickens. (We'd had a problem in an old home where we lived, similiar to your prob.)

Hope your problem clears up soon
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2009