Anybody ever had this?

I have a pain in my lower back on the left side (near my butt)(sorry) sometimes it hurts so bad even when i'm just sitting or standing still it shoots a pain right there. I"m 24 weeks pregant. anybody ever had this? what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had HORRIBLE back pain near the end of my pregnancy - a warm heating pad helping, along with Tylenol.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I was the same way, lots of back pain! jusy like mevxoxo said warm heating pad, and tylenol, thats about all ya can do, try that, try taking a warm bath. Make your man give you lots of back rubs, lol my poor husband gave me rubs almost every night when I was pregnant
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 10:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes honey its called sciatic back pain. It is very painful!! Try a warm bath and some gentle massage. Avoid standing on cold floors......that seems to trigger mine.
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had that for 2 weeks.like sciatic pains! it went away on its own but its common
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i had a lot of back pain with my first pregnancy and this go round i have it still.. i was told its your siatic nerve being pinched.. i dunno if thats true.. but i used to try to stretch out my legs, go for a walk, swimming, or even a heating pad or a nice warm bath.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• you might want to try an ice pack, heat can cause inflamation and if it's inflamed you don't want to make it worse by using heat. the ice pack will numb it. try some light stretching too, it helps me. still hurts like hell to walk but it takes the edge off.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yup get a butt massage or use a hot pack the muscles get very knotted up down there towards the middle of your pregnancy
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009