Corpus Christi in January?

We are planning on taking a vacation in Jan (due to DH work, only time we can). We live in KC and would rather try to avoid snowy areas since we're traveling with our 2-yr old in the car. The closest place we could think of is the gulf area in TX. Anyone from this area? How is it in January? Recommendations on places to stay or avoid? I wasn't sure if everything would be open since it's winter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Travel

• hi... i don't live in corpus, i live in austin, tx. but, my dad has a vacation house about 30 something miles north west of corpus (in rockport/ fulton). in texas, especially that time of year the weather can be warm, but you can also get those 'ocean breezes' that make it chilly. so expect unseasonably warm, but, also pack the 'just - in- case' items such as sweaters, jackets, warm clothes type of things... must see in corpus is the texas state aquarium, the 'T' heads (piers), also the aircraft carrier/ museum in corpus christi bay, also gotta make a trip to port aransas/ aransas pass area, ride the ferries across... and drive down the 'never ending beach'... also, visit the near by fulton mansion (neighboring rockport). also, plan on packing bottled water, otherwise, the salt water can make you sick... (it does my family)... just some ideas... feel free to e mail me with any other questions...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 9:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009