how do you now when your husband or boyfriend is cheating

I thought that i had a good relationship but now i feel like my boyfriend is cheating on me and i was trying too see if any one could tell how would i know how could i find out what can i do

inlovewith4

Asked by inlovewith4 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Some guys want more or less sex, or they suddenly start showering when they get home, or showering before going out when they never did before. Accusing you of cheating, or making up elaborate stories about what they were doing (ex. instead of saying "I went to the bar with Joe", it's "Oh, Joe called me. He and Jane had a huge fight, he wanted to go out and get drunk. So we went to Jack's Pub and I had 4 beers and Joe had 3 beers and a whiskey. We put quarters on the pool table, but then some jerk got in before we did, so we lost our money and didn't shoot any pool.") And sometimes...you just know. With my ex, I often just knew, there were no signs, I just felt it and was right. Or it could be insecurity. Honestly, I'd just tell him you're feeling like something has changed in your relationship, and you want to talk about things and see what's going on.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 1. they are a lot more moodier and crabbier towards you.
    2. they will have their phone at their hip 24/7 or if you ask to see it they take 5 minutes before letting you see it(to clear out messages)
    3. they have to "work" late more often yet the check stays the same pay
    onehotmama2lil1

Answer by onehotmama2lil1 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What gives you that feeling? I think if his behavior changes dramatically, he becomes more distant, "works late" alot or all of a sudden has to go out for extended lengths of time without much explanation. If he walks out of the room when he gets a call or starts texting alot and trying to hide his phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• When I think SO is "restless" and needing to see others I just ask him if I need to "open the gate" and let him run free. It opens lines of communication so you can talk about the relationship

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Seriously you can hire a private detective for not a huge amount of money. If he is cheating, it will only take a matter of days to find out, then you will know if it is just "you" or the real deal. Once a cheater always a cheater, so if you get bad news, you better be prepared for it! I hope he is not!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Come out and ask him...if he's unfocused and cant look you in the eye, that's clue #1 right there. And when his regular routine begins to change, like working longer hours or not being able to explain where he's been. Too many private phone calls...but like I mentioned first, you need to come out and ask him...you can also follow him when he leaves the house. I wouldn't hire an investigator cause i've always been taught that what's done in the dark will eventually come to the light...GL
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• cheater lie and if you ask him, do ya think he may lie!!! DUH!
    trust youe instincts
    i would not ask him, i would find out facts first
    when you ask and he is, he will hide it better

gl!!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• hinding things from you like cell phone, locks his phone. delete internet history.
    out of no where trying to change his looks... or cares more about his looks
    leaving the house more...
    not wanting to have sex as much because all his energy is going to another woman
    he could be nicer too you because he feels gulity
    or mean too you because the other woman is better looking and "understands him more"
    changing clothes during the day....
    going straight to the shower after coming home.
    ect...
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 1:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• All I can say is follow your gut. I had a bad feeling for almost a year and everyone made me feel like I was crazy for feeling it. Come to find out, about the time I started feeling that way is when he first slipped up with one of my best friends. Two months ago she left her fiance for my husband and two weeks later he told me he loved her. I still can't come to grips with it all. Now I wish I had followed that feeling I had initially in my gut and nipped it all in the bud!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009