Charles Manson

Let's fight about something new! First of all, let me say I do NOT think Manson should be released b/c he's been in prison so long, he can't function on the outside and he's crazy. Please re-read that b/c several of you don't comprehend everything you read. (please see the India post as my example)

Should Manson have been released simply on the basis of his crime? NOT his persona. He's been up for parole several times so a life without parole sentence is not the issue. The crimes committed where heinous and the trial was a media frenzy. He never actually killed anyone. Yes, he engineered it, but he didn't DO it. People get paroled all the time for worse crimes than what he committed. So why are they "legally" keeping him from getting paroled? Again, not talking morally, saying that people who do worse get out and he's denied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, I did a HUGE paper on this man in college, (studying Abnormal and Criminal psych)
    He is still a danger to society. Google some transcripts from his parole hearings. I was fortunate enough to have had a teacher in highschool who actually sat IN on one of his parole hearings and loaned me the tapes for my research.
    The man is a prime example of GENIUS, crossing over into insanity.
    he is very bright, but it kinda made him crack.
    He is very much still a high risk, and he has the charisma, to start it all over again. THAT is why he should not and will not ever get out.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I hope he never gets paroled my birth mom is one of his former followers and participated in the murders. When I met her she said either Manson or Tex Watson was my father. I don't want him out he might come looking for me and that would not be cool. I feel much safer knowing my egg donor and sperm donor are safely behind bars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• He will never be released from prison - too dangerous!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• he is dangrous because his crazyness would forsure make him repeat affaend and he might teach more of the men to murder and control women ReMEMBER who he go his followers to kill one of them was a pregnant women and many more innocent people I do think I have heard he thinks he is satan pray he never gets out
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• He never killed anyone, but because he plotted it, he is an accomplice to many many murders. It's not worse than some person hiring a hitman. THEY go to prison for life too!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no worse or better* excuse the typo :P
    BEXi

• and the tooth fairy is my father.. or is it santa clause ::rolls eyes::
    onehotmama2lil1

Answer by onehotmama2lil1 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I'm not worried he'll get out. That'll never happen.

I was only pondering the legal reasons to keep him behind bars when there are people getting out who did worse things than he did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Most people who hire a hitman get paroled.... eventually. Sometimes they go to prison for life without parole, but that's not a given. Many accomplices get out all the time.

Honestly, I'm just trying to get away from the What MO is wearing questions and talk about something new.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Absolutely not. I firmly believe if released he would still be a danger to the public.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009