lets say you were pregnant NATURALLY with 5-6 kids and...

there was a way to remove a few fetus's so you only had twins or what not would you do it? why or why not?

onehotmama2lil1

Asked by onehotmama2lil1 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wouldn't do it, have the whole litter and get a reality show! LOL I think if it was natural conception, someone someplace wants them all here!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would never do teh selective kill or whatever they call it but I might consider giving some other mother who has never had the opportunity to have a child the opportunity of a lifetime by putting one or two or even three up for adoption, it would be difficult but I would have to question if I could really give SIX children all the same age the love care attention and financial necessities they deserve. I mean did anyone watch the octomom footage? Those poor sweet babies are ALWAYS crying and her poor older children are PISSED OFF! That is not a good life for ANYONE!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would move back to Michigan so that I could be with family, and I would keep them. I have so many family members that would step up to help.

I just couldn't live with myself, knowing I had killed some of my children.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Keep all of them....they are all mine and you cannot choose one over the other!!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• for medical reasons, yes. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the health of one or two, to have five or six. I'd rather have quality optimal healthy kids instead of quantity marginal healthy kids, if I can help it. If there is either/or (but not both in health and quantity), I'd rather lose the pregnancy and start over.

Given your child's choice before birth (in relation to the remainder of his/her life), would your child want to be born with a severe disability? Child sues for wrongful life, that she shouldn't have been born
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My hubbys cousin just had quintuplets naturally last month and all of them were born healty. No ivf or anything. Its just a matter of if your body can handle it. http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/local/article/developing_quintuplets_born_at_johnson_city_medical_center/28394/
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have quintuplets and opted to keep them all. A friend of mine selectively reduced her quads and lost all 4 babies it happens often actually. Not worth the risk to me. We were not on fertility treatments I got pregnant with triplets and two of the eggs split giving me quints. I carried all the children to 35 weeks and they were healthy. Sure there was a risk I had a single pregnancy and carried it full term and my child was stillborn. All pregnancies carry risks and the mother gets to decide for herself what she wants to do. My kids are 7 years old all are gifted and doing well. I look now which one of my precious children should I have aborted?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

Wow hope you never get pregnant with a poor quality child and the doctor doesn't know until birth what a life that poor kid would have with a mom like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Hello Anon :06,

I find my decision the most responsible and humane. There are cases of children sued parents and parents sued doctors over this issue. Sorry that I don't live in your bubble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• "for medical reasons, yes. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the health of one or two, to have five or six. I'd rather have quality optimal healthy kids instead of quantity marginal healthy kids, if I can help it. If there is either/or (but not both in health and quantity), I'd rather lose the pregnancy and start over."

psst they're babies not vegetables. And I don't give a damn who's suing who, that's a pretty inhumane view. I have a special needs child by the way, and she's real quality.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009