nanny help!

My best friend has started her own business and asked if i could be her nanny part time of her two children on under two and the other three. i love them and love watching them i also have a 3 year old of my own but at the end of the day IM ExAHSUTED she asked me if she were to pay me how much? i feel like bad taking money from her but im doing all of this work exhausted every night and not maiing any money.. im annoyed and pissed off when my husband gets home.. and for what? i feeel like im being selfish am i? and how much is an appropriate amount to ask for ? hourly? weekly? monthly? HHELLPPPP!!!!!!

Mommylily06

Asked by Mommylily06 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Check the going rates in your area, and ask her to pay you AT LEAST half what she'd be paying anyone else. If her business hasn't taken off yet, maybe ask that she pay what she can for now, and then start paying a more normal rate when things are going better. Let her know that you want to help her out, but you really can't committ to do it for free indefinitely. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• for two children between $100 adn two hundred a week I watch a 4 year old part time and a 2 year old full time and I bring my infant with I get paid $175 a week but i give her a discount because she does not claim paying me which makes it under the table
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The only advice I can give you, financially, is what we pay per hour at our daycare. My son is 15 months old and it costs us $42 per day for him. We provide the milk/water, diapers and wipes. Right now, since he is off baby food, they provide breakfast and lunch for him. When he was still on baby food, we had to provide that as well.

So $42/8 hours is $5.25 per hour.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I watch a 3 year old girl, picking her up from Pre-K, feeding her lunch, and laying her down for a nap. I'll have her 3 or 4 days a week, depending on her parents schedules, from 11:30 to either 2:30 or 3:30.
    I get paid $100 a week.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009