Do you cook three meals a day, every single day?

I grew up in two households since my parents split when I was 5. I don't think I can name one single time that we ate three homecooked meals in a day. By the time I was a teenager, I was pretty much expected to cook a meal or two or find my meal myself.

No wonder I'm overweight : /

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do on the weekends. Otherwise, I'm only really cooking dinner, sometimes lunch. Breakfast is usually either at school if they're serving something the kids want or cereal at home. My kindergartner is home for lunch every day, so he usually gets something fixed but I wouldn't call heating up fish sticks cooking, lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no i dont cook every meal most mornings its cereal except for sundays then we do brunch and make bacon sausage pepper gravy hash-browns ect. lunch is usually sandwiches or easy stuff like chick nuggets and really only cook one meal a day and thats supper.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nope! My hubby hates breakfast and my daughter likes cereal and fruit. I love big breakfasts, but I never make them. I always prepare something for my daughter for lunch and if my hubby too if he's home, but that's not really cooking. We mostly do sandwiches for lunch. I almost always make dinner though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well, on Monday, Wednesday,and Friday, I have to be at work at 6:00, so no on those days, on breakfast, we eat lunch at the store, since we only get 30 minutes, thank goodness for Food Avenue, and I usually do cook supper. Some days, though, my Fibromyalgia takes over, and I'm so exhausted after work, we do go out. I wish I cooked more, I need to start doing that. Great post.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I always make enough dinner for leftovers the next day...there is lunch. I am a SAHM and that is just the easiest way to do it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I do most of the time. I still have a 5 year old at home for lunches (half day kindergarten). Breakfast on school days is typically a bowl of cereal, oatmeal, or on mornings when we aren't rushed, maybe a sausage biscuit or homemade pancakes. Lunch, we typically have spaghetti, big salads, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or something similar. Dinners are almost always cooked homemade. We have healthy foods for dinners like homemade turkey chili, homemade burritos, turkey burgers, grilled chicken, stuff like that. I also make 90% of our treats at home, and I bake using applesauce in place of oil when I can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no, dinner is about it. i don't really count microwave mac n cheese or b-fast sandwiches as cooking.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 12:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I do. My kids started school yesterday but my husband is home for lunch daily to eat with me still. I cook a full breakfast, lunch and dinner each day from scratch. I love cooking and feel it is my job as a mom to make sure my family has healthy and nutritious meals everyday. I do prepare a healthy lunch for my kids lunch boxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• not if i can get out of it. when the girls were teens and i didn't feel like cooking I told them to do a Bundy and forage in the frig. i love hubby being on afternoons shift i eat what i want when i want to all evening long and batch cook on the weekends
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nope. I cooked dh breakfast this morning, but usually it's cereal for him and I give yogurt and fruit to my daughter. I usually skip breakfast or just eat some fruit with a glass of milk. I almost always cook dinner unless we go out or have tons of leftovers. Lunch again, is usually fruit and a sandwich and veggies.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009