Is your 12 month old pointing yet?

And are they pointing at things in a book when you ask what something is?

I read on one of the milestone sites that if they are not pointing to things after you say what they are, you should tell your pediatrician because it could be a developmental delay?

I have to stop reading things!!! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was not huge on pointing.. he did here and there but it was after 12 momths.. yes! stop reading. I drove myself crazy with milestone things - he's only 21 months and i am banned from looking at some things so I don't drive myself mad
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My son points when he wants something. That's about it, he will point to daddy and his kitty if you ask "where's daddy/kitty?"
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My son never really pointed. He just babbled what he wanted and I had to flounder around until I figured out what it was!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 12:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Throw that book away. Every child is different, and the experts should know that by now. Unfortunately, most of them didn't get the memo.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009