what is your life like as a pagan?

i stuggle as a christian, and try so hard to be free from things, etc. I wonder what if i stop being a christian, would my life be easier? than again, i remember what i am losing, and think about my soul. Do you ever think about your soul? ever since i heard those testimonies on hell, from a man who visited there, I cant stop trying to follow God, no matter how hard it is, or what i get myself into. GOt to try to break free, to get that place in heaven....again what is like? do you think about God love? or his peace? do you feel the void ? what do u do about it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have found that people of all faiths have struggles, hardships, lousy "stuff" in life. Logic and reason is not the cure for troubles, you cannot deny feelings. You cannot deny that bad things happen, for no logical reason.

As a Christian, I have access to the God of the universe, He is my helper and guide. I have a community of fellow believers that are my spiritual family. They love and support me.

What I see in your post is that you are trying too hard. God already did all the work on the cross. If you accept Jesus you are already holy in God's eyes. Stop, breath, and just accept what was already done for you. It's called grace, and it is enough.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You sound very confused, if you are having a problem with your church, I urge you to find another that you are better fitted to.
    If you are serious about other paths, I urge you to research and visit other groups. A unitarian church might be a good place to start, all belief circles are welcome there.
    If you believe so heartily in what a man claims to have seen on a visit to hell....another path may not be your fit.
    I believe in reincarnation, not the heaven or hell you speak of, my deeds here are to learn lessons, I learn them, I come back with a different lesson plan, I don't I come back and have to repeat that lesson again. Eventually when I have learned all I am meant to, I will go on, perhaps be a guide for another, but I will get to live in on the other side of the veil. With no suffering no pain, etc.
    My God's love me all the same, My Goddess is compassionate and nurturing, My God, little more of a tough love (cont)
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My soul is just fine, always has been.

The Divine I worship(God and Goddess) doesnt require me to fear them or feel guilt for not being as perfect as possible. All they require is that I respect them and especially my fellowman and myself.

Ive been where you are so I get it.

However, I asked myself...is it my soul Im worried about or the guilt I feel for going against what was pounded(for lack of a better term)into my head for 34 yrs? Is it that God will stop loving me if I choose a different path or that I think he will cuz thats what I was raised to believe?

I know their love, I know the peace associated with the Divine. I also know that the joy I feel doesnt come with guilt or fear of eternal damnation. There is no void to feel, Im complete.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• kinda guy. I am very at peace with that relationship.
    I feel no void, no sorrow. I am very happy in my path.

You can always PM me if you just wnat to talk.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• perhaps do a little religious research... "Pagan" is a generalist term applied by many of the "christian" sects. however, it does have much more specific spiritual/religious implications... i am not "pagan", in fact, have no religious basis of worship or belief. no "higher power" or "agnostic" tendencies.... i am sorry that you seem so confused. what you believe in, obviously is not for me, but i was raised in a "christian" home, and for many years indoctrinated with those beliefs. if it is a matter of discontent with your current religious group, try a new one... best as i can say.
    i do not believe in an eternal soul, in reincarnation, in an afterlife. so that is of no concern to me. i hope that you can find peace within yourself, regardless of your choices.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Logical, ordered, and peaceful...unless I'm in the Q&A section reading the troll contributions of the day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009