for non believers, why do you want to stay lost?

I know what it is like to be saved and i know what is like to be lost. To be lost is not good, well for me, it is lonely, sad, there is a void there, it is just doesnot feel good. To know GOd, is to know his love, his peace. ONce you experience his love, your life is changed, and when you get lost, you cant forget that love you experience with God.. I tell you, his love tops everything! you want to find a way out of the darkness, and get back into the light..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• btw... you may not know this but unbelievers are not lost at all... they are dead. Remember without Christ there is no life , without light there is darkness, without His love, there is no love. In Christ we are made alive in Him, without Him we are dead in our sins.
    The lost are the ones that fallen from Him, how can an unbeliever be lost if they were not found in the first place.
    Just something for you to ponder.
    When Jesus went after the one sheep of the 99, that sheep was in the fold but wandered away, he was a lost sheep that lost his way, when Jesus FOUND HIM He rejoiced over the ONE sheep that was found.
    The prodigal son story is another story of a son who had all walked away, became lost, found his way back and the Father rejoiced in the SON that was found. both became lost then found again. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am not lost. I am not in darkness. I have studied Christianity. I grew up in it. It doesn't work for me. I just think that all religions are equal and about the same. And I hate how Christianity condemns non believers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well it is a simple matter of perception.You see us as lost, but we don't see ourselves as lost. We have found a path that we are content with. We have found peace on our path. You do simply fail to understand our position.
    A simple analogy would be saying pepperoni pizza is the best. You don't eat any other kind. However I prefer Cheese! Pepperoni Pizza just doesn't suit me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Hmm, I have to say that I view it the opposite way around. Why would you choose to close your eyes to reality and choose to chase a 2000 year old morality tale that repeatedly contradicts itself? I find it so sad when people choose to give away all their power to something that isn't there instead of claiming their own destiny. Why do you sit whispering words to yourself in hopes that some invisible entity will grant your wishes? It makes me so sad that you choose to reject reality in favor of a vivid fantasy life. :( I guess personal responsibility is too much for some people to bear and they have to find something else to blame/praise rather than look within.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Not all who wander are lost. i was one of you once and I must say I am happier and more fulfilled in my life without god. So it's all a matter of perception. I do take minor offence to your assumption that I cannot possibly be happy without your god, but I will forgive your ignorance and move on. Sorry to disappoint no voids here, no sadness, and no lonliness.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• well..... I'm a non-believer and I'm not lost. I believe in myself, which is the best thing to do.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• "Hmm, I have to say that I view it the opposite way around. Why would you choose to close your eyes to reality and choose to chase a 2000 year old morality tale that repeatedly contradicts itself? I find it so sad when people choose to give away all their power to something that isn't there instead of claiming their own destiny. Why do you sit whispering words to yourself in hopes that some invisible entity will grant your wishes? It makes me so sad that you choose to reject reality in favor of a vivid fantasy life. :( I guess personal responsibility is too much for some people to bear and they have to find something else to blame/praise rather than look within"

This was an awesome answer! I agree!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I was in school to be a minister. I was very strong in the christian faith, and I don't want it back. I am not lost or in a deep void. I am sorry that was your experience, but just because it was your experience does not make it the same for everyone.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I appreciate you wanting people to be "found". However, not lost.

Was christian, now Im not. I get it, I understand it, I dont need to be retold anything about it but thx anyway.

Ive never been lost, during my christian years and following. I still believe in the Divine just not in your interpretation...thats all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Speaking as a Christian, most unbelievers do not believe they are lost. You cannot change that on your own. Only the Holy Spirit can open their eyes to see what is truth , however there are some who know the truth already and rejected it. We can share His love all day long and it may not do a thing for some people. It is the same with sin, most unbelievers do not see themselves as sinners. It takes a power from the most high for them to see it . So that leaves us with one question, what do we do?
    We pray, we intercede and we walk in His Love. The Holy Spirit will do the rest! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009