Schedule

I haven't established a set feeding/napping schedule with my 6 month old Marco. He's just been eating every 3hrs. I was hopping to get some examples of other family's schedules. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 9 months now, but at 6 months he was waking around 7, breastfeeding;8-breakfast (cereal and fruit); nap around 8:30-10:30; 11-11:30 - lunch (veggies and fruit) and breastfeeding; 1:30 - nap; 3:30 - wake and bfeed; 5:30 - nap; 6:30 - supper (veggies and fruit) and bfeed; 8:30 - bfeed and bedtime. He slept through the night.
    At 6 months we also started establishing certain playtimes - our "outside" time was after his 3:30 bmilk to play while we waited for the bus bringing his brothers and sisters, our errands we usually did right after lunch, before nap, bathtime was right before bed. By scheduling my day, I give him a predictable routine that allowed him to know what was going to happen when.

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I can't remember specific time frames with my son 6 months ago. But I do know by then I was giving him babyfood. If you haven't introduced him to any yet, now would be a good time. Start with one meal a day. I would say lunch. We started with sweet pot and went through 4 veggies before introducing a fruit. Now that I am a full time SAHM, well when I stopped part time work, I made all his baby foods. For ideas and food guidelines Weelicious.com was a site I referred to a lot. You can also google Baby food time line....or something like that. Or go to gerber for what foods they can be introduced to at what ages. Hope that kind of answered your quetion.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009