How do I get out of this? Im so sad. hes so hot and cold.

we are polar opposites. which is fine, i honestly dont bitch, i can get over the annoyances but all he does is remind me of how different we are and how miserable he is, which is so strange because in the beginning we got along so well, and he was just like me, and in the ways we werent we embraced n he adored. then one day, one comfy day he unleashed this OCD psycho controlling monster. But i was pregnant so i figured he was protective of me. Well I gave birth and a mom was all he allowed me 2 b. im free spirited and outgoing, he is not. he has seriously like 1 friend, and they havent gone out together in probably a year. I encourage him to but he doesnt want to, he wants to be with us all the time. he works from home, so its just gotten to be to much with him also not having any hobbies or independence. I love him, but hes overwhelming. And we fight all the time. He is very mean at times. he controls every aspect of my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• He can only control you if you allow him to. Make some plans, ask him to come along. If he declines, go ahead and do whatever it is that you want to do. If the two of you do not have individual boundaries and a life apart from one another, you are dooming your marriage. Just remember that whatever you choose to do, you have to be okay with his doing the same thing, so keep it honest, like an outing with friends to a place that you would not object to his going.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• control=abuse
    call and get help from abuse center near you
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• control=abuse

Ditto.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• u cant tell him how u feel?? then u dont need to be with him if he cant let u do things and talk to him without fighting. Go get a job and let him babysit the baby/kid so hes not up ur ass and make sure its a job where he cant constantly call u or come by whenever and watch ur everymove
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009