Black stools in 12 month old?

My son just turned 12 months on the 15th of this month. He is very regular when it comes to BMs. He has one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. They are always the same(unless he has diarrhea for some reason), so I changed his diaper before his morning nap and there was so much like pitch black poop. Regular consistency nothing like when he was a newborn, but very very black No other symptoms. He has been waking up the last couple night really early like 2am and usually he sleeps through the night, but his BMs before this were normal color. I have not fed him anything different. I dont know if its bleeding in the intestines, so i made an appnt to see his pedi today but just wondering if anyone else experienced this when their little one was around my sons age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i do not know
    good thing you are taking him in

hope everything turns out fine
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• did you give him anything to stop the runs?
    this can make black poo
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No he hasnt had diarrhea in months I havent given him anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• DDs poop gets like that when she eats blueberries--if that's not it, then I don't know
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• does he eat little fruit snacks or like gummy bears ? when my son had to many fruit snacks ( normally after he comes home from being with grandma for the day) do you give him a multi-vitiamin to much iron causes black poop. blueberries do it too !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009