do you believe in the one

or do you not believe in such a thing. or do you believe that some people are with the one and some people just aren't that way? what are you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• one what?
    one realtionship?
    one God?

please elaborate, or am i just stupid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• the one as in you found the "one to marry" or be with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe I found 'the one'....he's amazing!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I never did until I met him.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I always did and I found him. I knew I would just know when I saw him and sure enough I did. We started dating about a month later. We have been together 5 years now. Went straight from co-workers to lovers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• nope, I don't believe in The One. I've had 3 "the ones" if marriage is how those are chosen. I'm with a guy now that I have bonded very well with but I wouldn't marry him. I can't see myself with someone else but marriage just changes things and in my experience, for the worst. I guess the only way I could agree with "the one" is that he is the one ....For Now! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, I don't believe in "one" person for everyone. I believe there are a variety of people that we would be compatible with, some more than others obviously. Do I believe I married the right man? Absolutely. Do I believe he's the only man that could have ever made me happy? No.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe that I found "ONE" man that I can be happy with forever, I know that the few relationships I've had were exactly what I needed at that time. I never thought that I found a perfect match until my DH. I will say my daughters father is the only person I was not into, some reason I just stuck with him. I had a couple of relationships that could have defenitely worked out, but it was bad timing for all of us. My DH just happened to come into my life and vise versa at the right time. I am sure that there are many different people out there that I could make a marriage or life work with. I just happened to choose my DH who I think is above and beyond anything. And he is who I have chosen out of all the people in the world to spend my life with. I am sure if he didn't come back into my life that I would be possibly somewhere else with someone else. It just was in the plans for my old high school bf to walk into my life agian
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe that we are to be very careful in selection of a mate. I believe in no sex before marriage. I believe that character and commitment are more important that warm fuzzy feelings. I believe that God gives us choices and that He expects us to consult with him before making any major decisions. I believe that He has a plan for every life and that when we find it, we will be happier than we can even imagine. I believe that love is much more about what we give than it is about what we get. I believe that most people are more interested in what they are getting than in what they are giving to their spouses. I believe that people are inherently selfish and self-serving. I believe that you can be happy with your spouse even if you believe you made the wrong choice if you remember that love is really just making the other person complete and whole and the best he can be. If you are married, you are with the right one!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009