My computer crashed, didn't have backup-and I lost all of my music in itunes. Is there a way I can put them back on using my ipod?

PaulaAnnDom

Asked by PaulaAnnDom at 12:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Entertainment

• yes there should be a way to do it....i dont have an ipod..but my mp3 player comes up with a program every time i plug it into the computer, it gives me an option to look at the files in it...what ive done is copy and paste those files onto my computer..it worked for me...its probably similar for you..
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• There is a way to do it. I can never figure it out though. Google it and you should be able to find the answer.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes, you can purchase a program to do it. This happened to me recently. Was it a laptop or a desktop? I ask because I bought a hard drive case, took the hard drive out of the old computer and was able to retrieve all my files, including iTunes off it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think if you plug your iPod into your computer it will ask you if you want to transfer all your music from your iPod to your computer.

Sometimes I have to charge my Touch on dh's computer and everytime I plug it in I have to answer "no" to a question about transferring music.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes you can and you don't have to purchase a program there's a free download that is legal. When I needed to do this after my mac crashed I went to ask.com and typed "how to transfer music from an ipod to a mac computer". A website popped up that had step by step instructions and a link to the free sample download of the program that was needed. I believe it had a limit (you could only transfer 500 songs and less) but that wasn't an issue for me because I only have 432.

Good luck, just don't buy anything there are free legal programs out there if you do the right search. My brother builds and sells Mac computers for a living he knows the answer to everything mac and ipod so if you're still not having any luck message me and I can ask him how its done. He for sure knows the answer
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Contact Apple iTunes tech support. I dont' use either, but someone I know does... and when he contacted them, they said in the case of a "catastrophic" computer failure, they will allow you a one time opportunity to download your entire iTunes collection again without charging you. This will only recover what you bought from them, but maybe it will help.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• There is a free downloadable program called IDump. It allows you to use music on your ipod and put it back on your computer!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009