Work Clothes

I'm a teacher and just got my first job that starts this September. I have some clothes that aren't suitable for teaching, and some that would be appropriate. However, I want to get more, but don't want to spend a ton of money.

I've looked at Kohl's and they have some very cute stuff. I have not looked too much at Sears or JCPenny yet. I like Old Navy too.

Suggestions? Do you find that some of those places have "cheap" (aka not good quality) clothes? Or can you suggest somewhere I didn't mention?

ap9902

Asked by ap9902 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• consignment shosp are great as far as kohls goes sign up for their email sale alerts using multiple email adresses and you will get coupons for $5 off your purchase of $5 or more then shop clearance racks you cant go wrong!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Those places are really expensive for me. I buy close-outs and outlets. At the Great Plains mall in Oletha, KS (which is a ghost town now), there was a store named Famous Labels. I was able to get a bagful of clothes for only $30. I would suggest go to the nearly dead stores and see if there are any close-out sales. Other than that, I don't turn down second hand gifts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Ross, Marshalls, tjmax, and thrift stores.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Look on the Clearance racks at places you can usually find reasonable priced stuff even at those places. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 4:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Loehmann's is best, if they are in your area.

Next, TJ Maxx and Filenes Basement

If you go to Old Navy, be sure to pull coupons off their website: www.oldnavyweekly.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009