Would you take prescription meds to increase your milk supply?

Especially when you have exhausted all other options and nothing has worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely, if I knew that DS would wean back onto my nipple instead of the bottle.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I did.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am right now... its safe according to pedi and my doc, so wth!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Absolutely!! It wouldn't even cross my mind not to if I were in your situation. You are doing a great job by trying so hard!!

On a side note ... are you sure you are not producing enough? The only true way to tell is to go to the dr's office / breastfeeding center / LLL where they have a very exact scale down to the partial ounce and weigh baby then feed baby then weigh baby again. This will tell you the exact amount baby has taken in that feeding.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I posted the question.....I just don't know where to get any. My dr's wont prescribe it for me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Personally, no. I think we pump way to many artificial substances into our body as it is. I figure, if I'm trying and my baby and my body just aren't in sync, then we'll try something else. obviously, my body is trying to tell me something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon 2:03pm those "artificial substances" are much better then the artificial food that would have to be given in place of breastmilk.

OP~ Are you positive that your supply is low? & why are you so sure? Have you tried any of the over the counter options for increasing supply?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I did, along with an herbal supplement. It didn't work for me though.
    tarynsmommy82

Answer by tarynsmommy82 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html

Check out this article and see if any of it is helpful in your decision and your next steps. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I pump only (ds wont latch) i pump every 4 hrs i get about 6 oz a pump. i eat one bowl of oatmeal a day and sometimes i take fernugreek and that works for me.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009