What dose your Toddler eat?

My toddler is a picky picky eater all he eats is chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, roman noddles, grilled cheese, string cheese. Manly junk. I try and give him carrots, broccoli etc. but he gags

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My toddler will eat anything. however my oldest (now 7) was like that---minus the raman noodles. He was chicken nuggets, hot dogs and mac & cheese. If I would have let him he would have eaten it for breakfast too. He's not a big breakfast eater so every once in a while I could get him to have a waffle but not often. Honestly, I just let him be for a while. I think most kids go through a stage like that (although with mine it seemed like FOREVER and not just a stage). He did outgrow it--although still VERY PICKY (like me!)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OMG that sounds identical to my 4yr. old. He does eat most fruit, but the only veggies he touches are tomatoes and salad. My 2 younger ones will eat anything you give them and that is helpful and a relief:) Like the previous poster stated,i think most get over the really picky stage and it won't last forever. I have even offered the healthy good stuff from the get go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• He is playing you. ;) Just offer him what you want him to eat. He won't starve. This is what many pediatricians recommend. Fix him what you eat. Some will say even fix him one thing he will also eat, but I am willing to bet that he would eat, say, the nuggets, and that is it. If you only offer one choice and he doesnt eat it, wrap up that meal and when he says he is hungry, pull it back out and heat it up. It will take a bit of time, and you will find some foods your child doesn't like....but they will eventually eat what you fix!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Stop offerig junk and he'll stop eating it. I promise you he isn't going to starve to death if you stop offering junk. He might go a day or so without eating, but when he sees the junk isn't coming out, he'll eat something. Then, he'll find something on his plate he likes and ask for it. but not if he skips lunch and you give in and give it to him for dinner.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009