To strip, or NOT to strip....that is the question.

Whats your opnions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• .....my membrains that is...LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• why are you trying to induce? What's the rush?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• jademom... stripping membranes is NOT an induction! It just helps your body better prepare for labor and helps give it a little push! If your body is not ready, stripping your membranes wont do a damn thing!

I am all for stripping of the membranes. I wouldnt recommend it til you are at least 2cm becuase it REALLY hurts if the OB has to force his/her finger into your cervix. So I would wait til they tell you how dilated you are
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree.. I was 3 cm for 2 weeks and she stripped mine nothing happend the next week I was still at 3 cm so she did it again, and 6 hours later I went into labor.. didnt hurt at all! I was sooooo relieved!!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree with Jaydin Makenna. Definitely dont do it unless your dialated some. it hurts like a biznitch!! lol but it is totally worth it. I had my membranes stripped and immediately started contracting, and I went into labor immediately after that!! deifnitley worth the uncomfortable feeling.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009