gender predictions? old wives tales? which worked or didn't work for you.....

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 1:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tried everything (just for fun) with my first: the ring on the string, heart rate, Chinese gender calendar, weight gain, you name it. It all said I was having a girl, except I carried low which means boy. I had a boy. Second time around, everything but heart rate said boy, and I had a girl. So nothing worked consistently. (Except ultrasound, that was accurate both times. :-) )
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• someone told me if the heartbeat is fast its a girl, and the heartbeat was fast, but it was a boy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i used the intelligender and it worked for me anyways said i was having a boy and i found out at 30wks i was having a boy!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• the intelegender worked for me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have had 2 boys & am now pregnant with my baby girl. The old wives tale about having morning sickness with a girl is 100% true for me. I NEVER got sick with my boys & now at 22 weeks I am still getting sick.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We put a ring on a necklace to try to see what my SIL was having. It didn't move but then we put it over my BIL's belly and found out he was having a girl. Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I put a ring on a string with ALL FIVE of my babies, and it was RIGHT with ALL of them!!! Also, I was MORE SICK with my DD than my boys!! I had morning sickness with my DS for the first 3 months. With my DD, I had MS for SEVEN MONTHS and it was WAYYY WORSE with my DD TOO!! Also, my DD's heartbeat was 160!! My DS were NEVER above 135!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didnt have any MS with my daughter. Her heartbeat was slow, which supposedly menat she was a boy lol. I did have horrible heartburn and she came out with a full head of thick black hair. and the chinese gender prediction thing was right too!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My daughters heartbeat was in the 120s and i never had morning sickness.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my babies heart rate was in the middle of it could be either boy or girl, our first doc heard it and said,. Oh, you're having a girl. i was horrible all day sickness, which I only talked to mom's of boys who said, Yep, you are having a boy - I did that chinese thing where you dangle a necklace or string and put it above your wrist I think and it said I was going to have a very strong boy - I DID! but it also said we've have a girl next - which BETTER be wrong cause my very strong boy meant in every way! personality. crying, whining, tantrums, everything - he will be an ONLY child!! no sister! sorry max!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009