Thoughts on this perspective? Leave your guns at home...

link to follow

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not a gun owner. My husband and I don't want one in our home. But I refuse to tell a fellow American that they cannot protect themselves in that manner if they choose that route. I think that you should only be able to have them in your home or on your person. Not hidden in your glove compartment or behind/under your seat in a vehicle.

Why? Because this morning, while trying to protect my safety, and my 4 y/o daughter's safety while getting off the bus, my husband was stpping on-coming traffic. A guy told my husband to not tell him what to do as I came across with my little one. Then as we got there, he said IN FRONT OF MY CHILD to my husband "I'll put a cap in your ass" and then went for a supposed gun in the backseat of his Explorer. That was a person being IRRESPONSIBLE with his owning a gun. Memaw Brie is RESPONSIBLE. She uses and keeps her guns on hand as TRUE protection. Not as a threat to get her way.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NOPE! My gun goes everywhere I do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• end of the article: "Power, not reason, becomes the stuff of political life. Will some group of responsible conservatives, preferably life members of the NRA, have the decency to urge their followers to leave their guns at home when they go out to protest the president? Is that too much to ask?"

Obviously this writer does NOT listen to public conservative voices. They CONSTANTLY urge PEACEFUL protest. Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Brian Sussman, Sean Hannity to name a few.

And I really resent this writer's gall in smearing me and the hundreds of thousands of supporters of the Constitution with the actions of a few - 5 thousandths of a percent, if that much !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• By the way, the writer refers to "Power, not reason, becomes the stuff of political life" in a future sense, as if wielding power and throwing around the full weight of political office were not ALREADY commonplace in the White House.

Has he ignored the coverage of "Chicago-style" politics ... ACORN intimidations ... violating bankruptcy laws in re-organizing Chrysler & GM ... Black Panthers un-prosecuted (AFTER they had already been convicted) for standing armed in front of a polling place as voters squeezed past ... violating the Constitution AND ethics by removing the CEOs of private companies and replacing them with cronies ... not to mention the carousel of appointments to Department positions and Czar-doms.

Power, not reason "WILL BECOME" ??? That train left the station long ago.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The article starts out with the question would conservatives have been upset if liberals had worn guns to former president's speeches. Actually, this conservative wouldn't have been upset. I would suppose that the people wearing their guns, regardless of politics, were all duly licenced to carry their firearm, and although being liberals, they are maybe not perfectly sane, they aren't INsane enough to start shooting in public! It's a moot point anyway--liberals don't believe anybody should have guns except the bodyguards they hire to protect themselves. I'm with anon 12, I'm licensed and my gun goes where I go. I refuse to be one of those terrible statistics you see in the news--"Carjacked mother found in ditch, strangled." or the like.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon, and pagan mama, WELL SAID !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NOPE! My gun goes everywhere I do.
    ________
    Ditto Anon!
    Also no one came to a Bush rally with guns
    1) cause they were protesting a war! kinda dumb to show up with guns.
    2) they were dems so there are fewer gun owners
    3 they all knew Bush and Cheney were packing! who would want to try that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe in Gun Control and that there should be stricter polices on owning gun...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 3 they all knew Bush and Cheney were packing! who would want to try that?

LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009