Nipples Leaking

Im 19 weeks and 4 days. My boobs are sore and hurting so I rubbed it just trying to ease some of the pain and a clear liquid came out. I checked the other one and same thing. What is this?

mycheyl

Asked by mycheyl at 2:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its Colostrum sp?
    Its completly normal, and I started leaking it around 20 weeks also so no need to be alarmed.

when the baby is born it will soon turn into breast milk.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• dom123123 said it best, its your breasts getting ready to produce milk.. your lactating in other words. if you want to relieve the pressure and soreness take a hot shower im not sure if it has to be as hot as you can stand or if just a warm shower, but when i was pregnant with my son i took really hot showers and before i would be drying off my boobs were dripping like a faucet and after they were done my breast felt so much better..just a suggestion
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• With my first baby, I started leaking in my FIRST TRIMESTER. Ugh. It's been a bit later with each pregnancy. I'm currently 36 weeks with our 4th child and I've been leaking for a few weeks.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• you might also want to get some breast pads to go in your bra, just in case
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This is colostrum (high in protein, antibodies and other nutrients but very low in fat). This is the first liquid a baby drinks after birth (that is if you nurse). About 2 days after delivery it will chang to immature milk, then mature milk.

Some women leak more than others (I was a heavy leakier with my first so far nothing with my second). Having some breast pads on hand might help while you are going through this time.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009