what age should they be able to sit up by them selfs??? (read all the queation please)

my DD is almost 6 months and she can sit up with something buhind her or leaning on her hands
but if she sees anything to the side of her she falls
and she can only keep her self up for like a min
she is all ready trying to crawl and is getting really good at scooting
but my aunt says she needs to sit up before she can crawl
so is it bad that she is almost 6 months and cant sit up???

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is doing the exact same stuff. My home visiting nurse told me she is advanced compared to the other babies she visits everyday.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Oh and mine is almost 6 months too. on the 28th
    BambiF

• no kids all develope at different ages. i have 3kids and my first who is 5yrs now sat up at 9mths and crawled at 10mths and walked at 15mths. My 2nd child is 2 in a half has a disability with her foot and satup at 6mths crawled at 5mths, but walked at 18mths( which is late because of her disability, they should adleast walk at 15mths) my last baby who is 18mths, crawled at 5mths and satup at 9mths and walked at 13mths. So all mine crawled before they walked and they are just fine
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My son first crawled at 7 months then started sitting up on his own. Before that he could never sit without anything behind him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• its not bad at all....i believe like 7-9 months its normal for sitting up. But some babies skip steps, I'm sorry your aunt has you worried. There are many babies that wont crawl and go straight to walking. As long as shes not behind developmentally anywhere else, I wouldnt worry. Sounds like she's actually advanced. my son stood before he crawled "normally" he did the army crawl thing by around 6 months then stood up a week before he turned 7 months. He's only 8 now and is cruising. Look forward to much mobility in your DDs future!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Lol and I know what you mean about looking at something and falling over. My daughter will be sitting up with a toy for like 10 seconds then look over at daddy and do a face plant.
    Sorry for the triple post.
    Dont worry about it though, Shell do everything in time
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no all baioes progress at their own pace so i wouldn't worry especially since she is not six months yet so just be patient and she will learn soon she is sitting up with assistance so soon she will be able to do it on her own
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

MINE TURNS 6 MTS THAT DAY TOO YAY!! BUT HIS A LAZY ASS AND WONT SIT HEHE
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my DD will be 6 months on the 28th to lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had one that crawled before she could sit. My Mom had me all freaked out about it, but the peditrician said it was fine to do it in that order. Your baby will probably be sitting on her own in the nest 4 - 6 weeks. She's not behind at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009