what can i do!!

my 5 month old is soo clingy. i can't do anything without him on my hip. he won't even be good for his daddy or grandmother, he cries and screams until i pick him up. did any of you go through this and how did you break them out of it?

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no 'breaking' a child of this behavior at 5 months old. You are the center of his universe.  The child will grow out of it naturally. Have you tried using a sling?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i did... I carried him around - let him fuss a bit, would keep talking to him when I went from room to room , bought a bouncer deal he could stand in that had play toys in there, listen to music on the floor - I did it all... it didn't work - he's still pretty clingy at 21 months. :) it got better once he started crawling at 6 months, but not a whole lot better, don't worry, he'll grow out of it one day!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• mine was not but other moms have heard this from
    friends of mine used a cloth sling
    keeps him close, frees up hands, or at least one, and gives your arms a break
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my son was like this at 5 months. it was a stage for him for the most part. He sometimes is still clingy for me and he is 7 months now. Just hold them is about the only way to keep your sanity. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i always used music,weather i sing to him or put the wiggles on,my lil one would fuss for a minutes but then stop to watch em
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• a sling really helps. I have to do this with my 8 week old sometimes
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Could he be teething? Maybe that's why he needs the extra comfort.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009