how would i do my resume if i havnt worked in over a year?

I hav been a SAHM for the past year, although i wasnt working while i got pregnant. Now i am trying toapply for jobs and feel totally discouraged by my lack of experience and a current resume. what should i do? What kinds of places would hire me (part time) if i have no experience? anything besides food :( Please help asap, we are in a serious financial crisis, Most likely loosing the house we are living in (My mother was laid off almost a year ago and has faulted on almost a yr of payments) thanks for any help or encouragement you can offer in this hard time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just put down all the work experience. Don't tell WHY the gap, if you get the interview, they will ask. You can just tell them, you took some time off to raise your baby and now you are ready to go!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Most places ask you to explain the gaps in work history, you stayed home to raise your child. Have you ever thought about working from home? I'm a SAHM to my 2 year old son and 5 month old daughter. I recently started working from home to make some extra money. I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I'd love to tell you more about team and introduce you to the business.

Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• SAHMs use many skills that employers value, like logistics, budgeting and time management.

I do carerer and job search coaching; contact me offlist if you would like some help with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009