Depression over baby-to-be...

I am 26 weeks pregnant and am really feeling like I have the blues. This baby-to-be was not exactly planned, so I am really struggling with bonding like I did with my son before he was born. (He was planned.) Our little boy will be 3 next month, and I am terrified what this new baby will do to him and us! I know I sound terrible, but I am about a wreck over this! Any advice?

TiffaniR

Asked by TiffaniR at 2:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's like I'm talking to myself! I was the same way with my DD. Neither of my kids were planned. I found out I was preggo with my DD when I was 6 months along. My DS was 7 almost 8 months old. FREAKED ME OUT! Not only were we having another but I was already 6 months. I just took it one day at a time and took deep breathes. You will get through this! Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• even if your son is jealous at first, he will eventually love to have a brother or sister. and why wouldnt you love this new baby as much as your son?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Don't feel guilty about it momma. This little one I'm pregnant with was planned, and I've still had my ups and downs with this pregnancy. It's hard to think of what a new baby will bring, and how it may cause things to change, especially when there is another little one to consider. My DD just turned three, so I've probably had many of the same concerns.

Do you know what the baby is? Have a name picked out? Start thinking of and calling the baby by name, or even a little nickname. Talk about your concerns, but also think about the love you have for your son. You know this baby will steal your heart as well. Most importantly though, don't feel alone in this. Hormones and emotions go crazy during pregnancy... it's a difficult time. You will get through this.
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 2:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have 3 kids 1 1/2, 2 1/2, and 51/2. and i felt the way you feel with my 3rd baby, i thought about abortion forst, than adoption, and thank God the God changed my mind quickly because thw day she was born i looked into her eyes and felt guilty for ever thinking those thoughts, She is a true blessing, shes a very good baby, a better sleeper and alot calmer than my first 2 kids, not comparing just stating temperments, i call her my perfect surprise as before we called her an accident, but she is not an accodent at all. When your pregnant with your childs you heart beats together and you create a bond with that baby way before they are born. I been there girl and the since of u can't do this is false, you can, if you need advice, a friend a shoulder, im here.
    God Bless
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009