What do you think of the lady that is having 12 kids?

I was reading that this lady is expecting 12 kids...I personally think this is getting out of control. God gave some woman the privilage to become mothers and others don't...by fertilizing you are going against God's choice (certainly this lady is against it). I thank God for my daughter and glad he gave me the gift of being a mother...but the people that are playing with science (fertilizing or cloning) is wrong...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If the forced pregnancy is an insult on any of the fetuses, then it's an insult against God, nature, and humanity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It turned out to be a hoax.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong to concieve this way, I see it as wrong to have that many at once when you KNOW that something will be wrong with all or some of them. It's not fair to the children. They didn't ask to be born. I do think that there is a bit of selfishness involved on these mothers part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong to use fertilization to get pregnant, but I do think it is wrong to purposely implant numerous eggs with the possibility of having that many children. I think if I ever had to do IVF, I would do maybe 2 eggs at the most. But just because something is physically wrong with someone, or they have had an accident or something where they are unable to conceive, that doesn't mean they aren't fit to be a mother, or that they aren't supposed to be a mother. IMO.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• UGH I knew it was a hoax.
    *sigh*
    Well that just sucks ass, I love a good bit of drama.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Then again...it is good that it's not true. I dunno. I'm confused!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Can you imagine carrying around that many babies ??? I just carried one at a time and my tummy is in need of a tummy tuck... Wow..imagine..what would her stomach look like after carrying that many babies.....
    I have a migraine..maybe that's why none of my answers are making sense. : )
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• whether it is a hoax or not, the issue is that we have not dealt with the moral or ethical issues of the science we have. We have the capablity to furtilize many eggs, therefor creating embryos, which if allowed to develop into living babies. So first you have to deal with when you view life as beginning. If you see it as beginning at conception then you should only furtilize those eggs which you can carry to term or near term. Furtilizing 12 embryos and then implanting them in the name of saving those lives from distruction avoids the question of why they were furtilized in the first place. If you see them as just embryos then they should be used for research rather than being distroyed. The problem is that we have not asked these hard questions, but have allowed science to run rampant.
    We all remember Octomom, everyone jumped to condemn her, but no one questioned why so many embryos were created.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• it's a hoax. But lets pretend it's not for a second. I don't care how it applies religiously. It's unhealthy for both the mother and the children involved.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009