How many months does a baby have to be to get ears pierced?

Peache

Asked by Peache at 3:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They should be old enough to tell you they want it done. My oldest was 5 when she asked for it, none of my other girls have theirs done and won't til they ask. I think it's cruel to peirce a tiny, defenseless baby's ears.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I pierced my daughters at 2 months. Wal-mart said they had to have their first shots
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• around 3 months,they have to have there tecnit shot 1st
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree with ANON, what if she decides when she is older she doesn't want them?
    It should be when they are old enough to make the choice themselves.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• For me, old enough to ask for them and take care of them by herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• getting your baby's ears pierced at Walmart??? That place is SWARMING with germs!! I don't know why moms do this to their perfect little angels.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• walmart isn't any dirtier than your typical piercing place (Claires for example..)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• People who say stuff about the ear piercing things being dirty don't know what they're taking about. The hole is made with the earring and the thing holding the earrings is brand new every time. The only thing reused is the handle which never touches the earrings or the person being pierced.

My daughter's ears are pierced. My ears were pierced when I was a baby and I love them. I'm wearing earrings right now. I've never known a woman that didn't have her ears pierced. People get so dumb about this.

Anyway OP, they should have their first set of shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We had our DD done at 11 weeks at the Ped. We had no problems. Just make sure they use sterile earrings to do the actual piercing if you go to a store.

To the ear piercing by child's choice parents: That's fine. You can do your child's ears how ever you want. How ever the question was not do you agree with having a baby's ears done, it was how many months does a baby need to be to have it done. There fore the OP has already decided to do it. It is not cruel or it would be against the law. That is your opinion for your children however this particular poster did not ask for opinions on the process it's self just at what age others who did pierce their daughters ears did so ... Not that I don't respect your choice it's just that that was not the question and that drives me nuts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My DD's ears were done at 9 weeks. It was right in time for Valentines day! They used sterile earrings to make the hole. She only cried for a few min and then went to sleep. She was fine. The plus of having it done as a baby is they aren't old enough to keep putting there hands on them. So less germs on them than a 5 year old who will no doubt be touching them a lot. I agree that it's not cruel, it's just a personal choice. If you want to get her ears pierced then go for it. She's your baby not theirs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009