Would you pull the plug?

If your child was in a severe accident and he/she was able to survive only through machines and lived as a vegetable for the rest of their life, would you pull the plug or keep them alive?

As hard and painful as it might be I would have to pull the plug. I would not be able to stand seeing my daughter laying in bed the rest of her life and missing out on the things she could be doing. Plus who wants their child to suffer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• I would pull it too.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• pull the plug..hope i never find out
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i would pull the plug
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Are you kidding me? I would never pull the plug! She might wake up one day!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes! My answer to any "would you pull the plug" question is always yes. I don't really think the cercumstances matter. My child, my hubby, my great aunt... I don't think that's any way to live! I only hope someone would love me enough to pull it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would donate his/her organs so other children (or adults, depending on the child's age) had a chance at a better life - as long as there was no chance they'd wake up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon...what if she doesn't? What if she is officially brain damaged and paralyzed but still abel to feel pain? You would let your daughter suffer?
    Anonymous

• hmm wouldnt be able to answer that till the time came. thats a hard question and honestly i dont want to think about that. u all say u would now but how do u really know?? u might have different feelings if it were to really happen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I just know that if I were a living vegetable and that's all I was going to be for the rest of my life I would want my family to pull the plug on me. I don't care. That would be a very unfulfilling life and a life wasted. Why waste your life in a bed?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I know it's not the same thing but we had to remove all sources of life support on our father 4 yrs ago. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It comes down to quality of life. He was miserable and I could see it in his eyes. I Love and miss him but know in my heart that he's with my Mom now and at peace. So yes I would pull the plug, what kind of life is it when they are suffering inside themselves? I think it's very selfish to hold on to someone for yourself and not let go for them to have peace and be pain free.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009