can you see when you pass on?

yes I know, sounds silly. but many people believe that when you die, you get to be with loved ones who passed before you...makes it sound like they have a surprise party for you when you arrive to your destiny or something. but since eyes are physical, how do you know what happens? I mean I've never heard of a spirit with eyesight.... the thought of that makes me not think as spiritually or religiously about death. kind of a bummer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• nobody knows what happens when we die.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• So are you asking if this happens....? How would we know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OP HERE!
    lol anon 306...you got me there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OP AGAIN
    I guess what i'm getting at, is that the "soul" leaves our body, and leaves behind our physical self, which obviously includes the eyes. so do we see where we go? lol
    that was basically my question. why I assume someone living knows this..I dunno lol
    but many have a preconceived notion of what happens...but really...we don't know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yes but not with natural eyes ... but the spiritual.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think we do see. Check out We Don't Die and other books by Ray Moody. Interesting stuff.
    wildtamer

Answer by wildtamer at 4:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• wink  I've often wondered that myself !!! The Bible says that we will be reunited with loved ones someday, but (if I'm correct) one day, our bodies will be renewed and we'll love everyone the same in Heaven. For example: your husband may pass away before you and later when you pass, you'll be reunited but not as husband and wife. Everyone will love everyone the same. Sorry....I have myself confused..LOL Good question and I'm interested in seeing the answers !!

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I can only go by what the only resurected eternal person in the Bible was like. Jesus after his resurection could see, talk, walk, even eat. Yet He was different than a purely physical being. He was able to enter locked rooms, disappear from their sight, even prevent them from understanding who He was.

Also in the book of Hebrews chapter 12:1 it says "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." I believe the therefor, refers back to chapter 11 in which the writer speaks of the Old Testament faithful. I believe they are up there watching and cheering us on.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think it's like being at the spiritual equivalent of the airport. You know everyone's there to welcome you... o.k. maybe not. But I do think that spiritual forms have sight, it's just not the kind of sight we are used to in our human forms.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We do not need our physical body to see. It is our spirit that moves. The body is just a vessel. To answer your question, yes we will have eyesight.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009