how short/long was ur hospital stay after a c section?

how many days did you spend in the hospital after a c section?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my 1st i was there for 4 days with my second i went home after 3 with the staples still in. My drs wouldnt let u go home if u dont poop or pass gas!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2 days
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 3
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2-3 days for my first and last child. But for my second child I developed a spinal headache, so they made me stay through the weekend, which ended up to be a total of 5 days.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Your talking 30 years ago, but then it was a week, now I hear 3 days the most?, My first I had staples, that caused a fever, so they didn't let you go home with a fever,second was stiches, that went ok,but still a week. I think they should keep you in after,an emg. c-section for at least a couple more days, just to be sure.
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 3:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2 nights, 3 days is pretty standard. Insurance with cover up to 4 nights, 5 days if there were no complications. We didn't know that with our first one, or I would have stayed a third night. I had a bad experience after being in labor for more than 24 hours and I could have really used the extra night with the nurses.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i would have gone home after 4 days with my second too but there were 12 babies born in 3 hours so they pretty much kicked out ppl who have already had kids at home lol
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 3 days
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• With my 1st I was in for 5 days although I had a spinal headache and they sent me home anyway only to come back 2 days later for a blood patch to be done. My 2nd I was in for 4 days and my last I was in only 3 days (although the ins would have covered 5 days).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I went in at midnight July 3rd, a FRIDAY, and delivered 2hrs later and stayed till Tuesday July 7th. So it was 5 days but It would have been 4 but they was making sure my incision wasnt infected which it wasn't
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 4:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009