how far along were you when..

you lost your mucous plug?

does it have to be pinkish? I think I lost mine a while ago, it was clear but it was very stretchy, like snot (sorry tmi) and It was kind of elastic-like. would that be my plug? I lost a ton a few weeks ago and now I'm losing more...could it be that it grew back and I'm losing it again? I'm 34 weeks btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it is doesnt have to be pink and it does grow back if you lose it early so you are probably just losing it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It may also be that you're just losing more of it It doesnt always come out all at once. Sometimes takes a few times. It did with me. came out just a lil bit at a time. its pinkish when you're real close to labor.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• With my son it was the morning I went into ;labor!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I lost mine at 36 or 37 weeks with my first pregnancy, 39 weeks 5 days with my second. There was no pink either time, just a TON of snotty-looking grossness, lol. And the plug does regenerate if you don't go into labor within a couple of days of losing it, so it's very possible that you're losing the new one. Or it might just have been excessive discharge, either or both times; I thought in my second pregnancy I'd lost my plug a week earlier than I did, but then when it really did come out, I knew I'd been mistaken. Either way, it's not a big deal.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009