Im sitting here watching "Little Miss Perfect" and I have a few questions for anyone who wants to answer. What is wrong with these mothers? Why are they all overweight and ugly?

Am I missing something? Apparently there is this big world out there that I had no idea even existed. I mean, I knew there was such a thing as pageants but fake teeth?!, spray tans?!, people going broke?!. Ive watched 3 episodes while catching up on CM, ebay and checking emails and all of these moms are overweight and frumpy looking while their daughters are very pretty and fashioned. A lot of them are poor and live in very run down homes while spending $2000 on a pageant in a flash. Im sorry but if I had that kind of money every month to waste on a pageant, ALL 4 of my kids would be in a private school, instead of just 2 of them. Im not usually one to judge and I generally let people live their lives, but theres something so wrong with this. It teaches our girls something so counterproductive to what we NEED them to know. Eventually those kids are our future, so it effects all of us. Am I the only one that sees a problem?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 3:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't get it either. I have also noticed most of the mothers are over-weight and not very attractive themselves, so perhaps they are living through their child- living the beauty they themselves don't possess?

As for the monetary issue, I am shocked at how much they spend to win a $500 dollar prize and a crown. Most of the mother's say they are putting the prize money into college finds, but HELLO! Why not take the THOUSANDS you're spending to enter the pageants every year and put THAT MONEY AWAY?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It really seems like there are 2 extremes in the pageant thing. One is the very broke family who has several kids but spend all of their money on the one "pretty" child. Seems like it is always the little girl born after several boys. I don't know where they get the money, to be honest. It seems like they are almost neglecting the rest of the family in that they won't get into a nicer house or new furniture but spend thousands on pageants.

The other extreme is the parents who have money & obviously a lot of it. These are the Moms who are perfect & their daughters are just clones of them. I watched Toddlers & Tiaras last night & this one family of an only daughter sent their FOUR year old to the spa for the day--mani, pedi, facial, massage, & hair cut & styled. Why does a 4 year old need a facial???

My girls like to play dress up but in my house, it is running around in my shoes, not $1K dresses.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009