ok so since someone commented on that..........Do you bathe with your kids?

When my girls were getting older and couldnt fit in a baby bath tub and were scared to get into a bath tub with water, I did get in with them, still had a bathing suit on and helped them bathe. I let them pour water over my head and showed them how to pinch there nose so water wouldnt get it through there nose, also how outting shampoo on wasnt so bad. My girls really liked to watch me do it and then got comfortable enough to let me bathe them with out that fear. Do you ever bathe with your kids?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I bathed with my son till about the age of 2 and I currently bath with my DD who just turned a year. I do think it' s important to develope a personal space though, especially when they start asking questions. Mostly I bathed with my son for as long as I did because I needed the bath and knew I couldn't take one if he was unsupervised. He wasn't content just staying in the bathroom while I took a shower. Just do what works best for you and your situation.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes I have my son is 2 years old and sometimes that's the only way I know I'm gonna bathe that day. I see nothing wrong with it. When he's a little older I probably won't maybe 4 or sooner it depends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my dd is two and i shower with her pretty much everyday! hubby leaves for work around 430 am and doesnt come home until 5 or 5 30, atleast i know shes with me and not making a mess or getting hurt. i dont see a problem with it, as she gets older ill stop, but for now she sits and plays with her toys while i bathe then i bathe her. so not a big deal to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I bathe with my daughter occasionally to save time and plus it's fun and my daughter loves it. I don't wear a bathing suit, that is just silly to me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I bathed with both of my children as infants until they were old enough to sit up securely in the big tub. it is one of the best choices i could have made. I never used an infant tub. we used that time to bond with skin to skin contact. I loved every min of it while it lasted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I used to bathe with my son sometimes. I left on my shirt and and underwear even I know he was too young to understand the difference so I don't think it's weird you wear your bathing suit. He thought it was fun and I got to have a bath. It was a win win.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Why in the world do you weat bathing suits/clothes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't. Shower time is me time. :) I just put my daughter in the tub and let her play while I sit next to her and make sure she doesn't get hurt. (She's 2). But I don't see a problem with it until a certain age or maturity level.
    Anonymous

• Wow...bathing suits and shirts and underwear in the bath??? For babies??? Seriously? LOL! I bathed with all my kids...still bathe with the 3yr old...in fact, nudity has never been a big deal in our house. The 3yr old still even bathes with Daddy from time to time. It's a fun time for them...he uses the shampoo to spike her hair and tickles her feet with the bath cloth...and she has a blast. And I sit there with them sometimes (since I get her out to towel her off and dress her while he bathes himself) and I get to watch a beautiful moment between father and daughter. No, she doesn't concern herself with his 'junk'...she knows it's a penis and she doesn't care...all she cares about is can she talk Daddy into having bubbles tonight or not.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 5:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My kids are all girls, I have never had a problem being nude with them. They are older now and very comfortable with their bodies and seeing mine. If they were boys I would have stopped when they realized boys and girls are different.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009