Would you ever let your baby ride the bus?

My son's father wants to take him for a couple days. He doesnt have a car and my car is in the shop. So he wants to take him on the bus at 9 months old. I dont feel comfortable with him going on the bus with all the germs (plus he would have to get on and off 3 different buses) He says im overreacting and being overprotective. Am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, Germs are everywere. I thought you were going to be worried he would not be straped in to a car seat.

Answer by louise2 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• look not everyone has a car or can afford a car , so what do you suggest he not see his some because he has no car? I don't have a car and my dd goes on the bus all of the time! I don't let her touch anything and i always take perell. don't freak out let the guy spend sometime with his son a germ is not gonna kill him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My DD has been on buses. As the above poster said germs are everywhere. Besides at 9 months he will be in his bucket seat right? Just have him toss a light blanket over it if you are super worried but I'm sure he will be fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I wonder if he can hold the carseat facing him in his lap, some way to protect the baby. As far as germs, well if the baby ever goes to a mall or grocery store, there are also germs there.

Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• id be more worried about him not being secured to a seat in a carseat that would scare the jeepers out of me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You are over reacting. Sorry, but it is true. Why are you looking for reasons to keep your son from his father? I think this has more to do with wanting to punish him then it does about germs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• He sees his father quite regularly. Every week in fact. Ive just always been the one to drive him there or his father has come here to see him. And yes I am worried about the whole car seat situation as well, I just forgot to mention that in the Q. This would just be his first time on a bus, and im a worry wart. But thanks for answering, I think I will be letting him go on the bus. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would be worried too. Not necessarily because of germs, but because of all the whackos on the bus. I wouldn't want anything to happen to him.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Whackos..I didnt even think of that (which is silly since that shoudl be my #1 concern) But his father is very skilled in MMA and Ju Jitsu so that makes me a little less worried about him not being able to protect him against any creeps. --OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Major over protective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009