My Baby Licked Rust?

My 7th month old is crawling around the floor at work and one of the metal chairs had a spot of rust I caught just as she got done licking it... it's not chipping off or anything... can it harm her?

CocoB22

Asked by CocoB22 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dunno but aren't babies gross? I swear they want to put the nastiest stuff in there mouth! lol. I'm sure she'll be fine since she just licked it and didn't eat a chunk of it. though I bet she would have if she had found one!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• She's starting to crawl... she's going to drive me nuts! Everything goes in the mouth! My mom shared with me that when she went camping last month a 9 month old there licked a pinecone that had duck poop on it... OMGosh!
    CocoB22

Answer by CocoB22 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Okay so I just read that rust is mostly iron oxide so the side affects from eating rust would be the same as having to much iron. I am thinking that her licking it would not have introduced enough iron into her system to cause any problems. Maybe check with your ped just to be sure if you need to feel better. I'm sure they have heard it all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My DD ate cat poo out of the litter box before i could grab her. Babies are nasty little creatures. lol. I mean what would posses any normal being to put poop in their mouth?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009