9 MONTH OLD SICK

MY DD IS 9 MONTH OLD, TODAY SHE HAS BEEN THROWING UP ALOT! SHE SEEMS LIKE SHE FEELS FINE, NOT CRANKY, SHE HAS NO FEVER, BUT THIS AM AT HER WIC APPT SHE THREW UP A LIL BIT AND THEN WE CAME HOME I GAVE HER A BOTTLE THEN SHE LAID DOWN FOR HER NAP LIKE USUAL, I WENT IN TO CHECK ON HER AND SHE HAD THROWN UP ALL OVER HER BED, HER BED WAS SOAKED WITH THROW UP! BUT LIKE I SAID SHE FELT FINE, WAS STANDING AT THE RAIL SMILING REAL BIG?I GAVE HER A WARM BATH AND SHE SAT W/ ME WHILE I ROCKED HER THEN STARTED GAGGING AGAIN AND ITS LIKE PHLEM(SP?) YELLOWISH LOOKING OR IT'LL BE WATERY? SHE HAS NOW THROWN UP 3 TIMES SINCE HAVING HER BATH? WHATS WRONG WITH HER? I AM STARTING TO THINK MAYBE SHE GOT A HOLD OF HER BIG BROTHERS SIPPY CUP WHICH HAD WHOLE MILK IN IT, CAUSE SHE USUALLY TRIES TO STEAL IT FROM HIM. DO U LADIES THINK THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? ALSO CAN SHE HAVE PEDIALITE(SP?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would keep her on the B.R.A.T. diet
    B=bananas
    R=rice, either cereal or cooked
    A=apples
    T=toast

If you don't feel comfortable with those foods to a nine month old-try the pedialyte. Make sure she is hydrated.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My daughter throws up like that when she gets nasal drainage from allergies. It gags her when she lays down, then she ends up throwing up like that. I gave her pedialyte when she was nine months. We did that and rice cereal for a day and she was fine.

If she's not better in a day, call you doctor.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• BRAT is for diarrhea, not vomiting!

Call the pediatrician and see what they want you to do. They should give you some directions over the phone. Don't feed her anything, though because it will just come right back up. No solid foods until she has gone for at least 6 hours without vomit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009