im 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant 2 centimeters dialated and 50% effaced, i lost my muscous plug this morning. when will i go into labor? this is my first baby

ilovecraig2004

Asked by ilovecraig2004 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you will go in an have the baby by saturday the lastes
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It depends. You can go in a day or two, or it may not be for a couple of weeks. Both are quite normal. Don't over exert yourself with excitement. Rest and relax.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Lost my mucus plug at 33 weeks and didnt have him till 38 1/2 weeks and was almost 9lbs, this was my last baby at 6 weeks ago, and my first baby had him at 40 weeks 4 days and second was 39 1/2 weeks and plug was lost early too so it really doesnt matter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• when i was 37 wks i was the same...i had lost my mucus plug and everything...im now almost 41wks and being induced on tuesday cuz my cervix is still the same lol so it just differs with everyone
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• sexylady... was that a joke? I think you are being sarcastic.

OP... being 2 cm dilated & 50% effaced at 37/38 weeks is totally normal and on average first time mom's are 6 days late so I wouldnt guess that you are going to have that baby for at least 2 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• With my first, at my 36 or 37 week appointment I was dilated to 1 cm, lost my plug shortly afterward, and no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I wasn't dilated at all at my 39 week appointment, lost my plug 2 days later, went into labor the next night. So there's no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Oh and it is not unusual for some women not to finish dialating UNTIL labor and sometimes not until LATE in labor and it happens all at once. Every body is different.

Remember you won't be late until 42 weeks at least, and even then if all is well there is nothing to worry about as long as you are healthy and the baby is healthy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• There is no way to tell, could be hours, days or even weeks. All the things that you mentioned do not predict labor in x days, women walk around like that for many weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009