How to say no thank you without hurting there feelings?

ok so I've been really mixed up with this whole religion thing was raised a catholic but decided it wasnt for me I have studied diffrent religions to see which I like best, I came across a JW and began to study with them it was ok but then there were somethings I didn't agree with, one of my twin son's recently passed away and they told me he was no where kinda like when you blow out a candle the smoke just disappears, I don't agree with thi statement, I started finding that I dind't really agree with alot of things they were saying, I stoped studying with them and began to read the bible for myself, they had said that God can't do miracles since this world is so mest up, God doesn't have a limit to his power. Athough 1 of my twins passed the other thrived and overcame so much he truly is a miracle, he was born at 1 lbs 3 ounces and had 3 chest tubes I invite them over to see my miracle, it was a good visit we didn't talk

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First let me say I am sorry for the loss of your baby. And I rejoice with you in the health of your other baby. I am the mother of premie twins, mine were much bigger and not medically fragile.

As far as the study of religion with your friends I agree with the other posters. Just politely tell them that you disagree with their beliefs but you would like to stay friends. If they are truly friends they will understand. If they don't it is better to know now than later.

I send you many good wishes for the continued health of your baby.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• about religion but he brought his bible. They want to come over again and I'm scared its to try to talk to me about there religion, if this is the case how do I tell them I'm not interested without hurting there feelings? They relly are nice people and would hate to lose them as friends but we just don't have the same beliefs!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would just be honest. Tell them that you enjoy their company but you don't follow their line of religion. After all, shouldn't the religion you believe in complement your feelings and beliefs.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Be honest and kind. If it was me, I would be disappointed but we would still be friends. If they are true friends they will stay in touch. They are bound to bring up their religion again, but just be kind and tell them you are not interested. Thank them for their time. If they are really friends they won't get angry!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think you just have to tell them what you told us, that you respect them and their beliefs but you think differently about God. Not that one is right and the other is wrong, that you dont want a debate, you both believe in God/Jesus (whatever you believe) but you hope they will respect your beliefs as well and leave it at that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I was raised JW. I can tell you from expierence that it's best to just be open and honest with them. Simply explain that while you appriciate the time they have taken you don't feel this is the path for you and you wish to discontinue your meetings with them. They may check back in with you in 6 months or so, but chances are they won't. There is no reason to beat around the bush. It's not helping anyone to continue with something that isn't really helping either of you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Like others have said...be honest.

Thank them, tell them you appreciate xyz but your beliefs are different and there is no go in joining their church.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Stand up and be honest.
    My experience with the JW religion is that if you don't just come right out and say..."I am not really on the same page with you; " They will just keep coming.
    My friend used to hide when they would come and wait for them to be completely down the road before she came out from where ever she was.
    You don't want to be like that.
    Happy to hear that you call your little one a miracle; and your other baby? Jesus has a big rocking chair.
    Stay strong, stay in the Word and find some Believers that follow His Word and ways.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• first of all they mean the dead are conscience of nothing ecclesiastes 9 verse 5.6.10
    i think the ones you spoke to were inexperienced or apostates because they do get in
    i think if you share with them what you feel it would be ok.
    I studied with them and the bible does not say what you think it says you will be shocked of how we can get it twisted.I read many bibles and it does say the dead are conscience of nothing at all and we have no form of body that leaves us at death.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I just told the ones that come to my door that we have different beliefs but I would still love to share a scripture and a pray every once in a while.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009