People who don't buckle up their kids are just plain lazy!

I am LIVID!! I just came back from picking up my god-daughter, and she was not properly strapped in the vehicle! Her chest straps weren't even around her chest! It was closer to her lap. To make matters worse, her carseat was just placed in the car. No seatbelt or any other kind of protection if (God forbid!) they had been in an accident. Her mother's excuse? I was i n a hurry. In a hurry?! OMG, I am willing to be a little late (and I am a very punctual person) in order to make sure my children are properly restrained and protected. Ok, vent over......lol thanks for listening!

loving_mom7

Asked by loving_mom7 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• right there with ya, sister!!!!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• ditto.....in fact when i worked at a daycare, we were supposed to report any child unrestrained in the vehicle to DFS (which here is dept of family services). It aggravates me too!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Thank you! I had quite a few things to say to her needless to say.
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree , but the other thing around here i see alot of is like 5 or kids piled on each other laps in the back of cars! this crap pisses me off!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 4:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i ment 5 or 6 kids
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 4:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• LAZY?? Try just plain retarted. I get SOOO mad when I see things like that. I know someone who does it all the time and I fix it right in front of her...she gets pissed but I don't care! I have called the police so many time being out and seing 2 year olds in the front with no seatbelt, or kids with no carseats. What are you thinking?? The best is when they're in "too much a hurry" to buckle their kids but they put their own seatbelt on...irrisponsible jerks who shouldn't have kids. Ok I guess I had to vent too lol!
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• it bugs me 2 cept however... when i first had my DD i put her infant carseat in the base and forgot to strap her in a couple of times first time mama tired ! not lazy lol
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 4:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Just plain lazy? No, 'lazy' is too kind.

They are irresponsible.

They are reckless.

They are selfish.

Grrrr.....
    wildtamer

Answer by wildtamer at 4:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I so agree with you, toledoohiomom, that pisses me off to no end! I wanna flag the parents (family member, whoever they may be) down and slap the crap out of them! onefinenursemom, I can understand a mistake (once corrected ya know?) But to say you were just in a hurry? Oh, man that is just laziness
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• That irritate me too. Will buckle my kids up even if im just going around the corner. I also hate to see children in the front seat.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009