Govt help for single mom

Well im a single mom in TEXAS.. i live in my own house with my daughter, i was layed off two months ago and still have not found a job. im living off of child support and the money im getting for being laid off. which equals out o hardly anything and definately not enough for my bills. im having to borrow money from my family and will soon have to just move out unless i can get some help

is there a website for texas govt help? i know some of the options, like house asst. daycare asst, food stamps, wic... but what else is there???

thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe call local churches.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Pretty sure you already listed the govt resources.
    BridgetC140

• There's also cash assistance google "job and family services + (fill in your city here) texas" and the website to your local agency will pop up along with a phone number. You just call and say you've been laid off and are in need of cash assistance and they'll tell you how to go about it.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• what else do you need?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009