Party for my Hubby

I want to throw a suprise 33rd party for my husband but I don't know what to do. I need some ideas about food, or theme and how to get it together without him finding out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband is a cemetary salesman, we ended up having a "death themed" party and was able to use the coffin/skeleton bath for the drinks for the halloween party the next month
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you should make him a boob cake....
    something like this

http://cbailey.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=244&g2_serialNumber=2
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• chips and dip, fruits and veggies with dips, pretzals, alcoholic drinks if your hubby like alcohol, maybe a deli tray? or a platter of cheese, crackers, and pepperoni. Sodas.

Just throwing ideas, but if money is an issue, you can get alot of things at the dollar store. Plates, napkins, tabelcloth, and all of that.

For theme, if there's something he likes....like batman or trnsformers or John Deere. You can get the decorations at a party store like a Party City or such or just do the colors itself (green and yellow for John Deere for example.

Dont do it on his birthday, maybe do it the day before or the day after or weekend. Have a good friend or a relative if one is near by and have them hang out or stop by and stall.

Good Luck!!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I did a mafia theme party for my husband's 40th a few years back (he's Italian). Check with a local restaraunt about having a price fixed menu, that is one of the cheapest ways to go. Or have friends and family help you cook, a taco bar is alot of fun and pretty inexpensive. Theme parties are fun, what about an 80's theme (since he grew up in the 80's)? You can do music from artists that were popular then, have the invitations be in Valley Girl talk, like, "Oh my God, gag me with a spoon, --- is turning 33!" Have everyone dress in clothes from that decade, like Madonna or the Miami Vice guys and your favors can be small bags of candy that was popular then. There are so many ideas that you can go with, good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 5:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009