inducing labor at home

mom4u2nv611

Asked by mom4u2nv611 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how many weeks are u?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• are you asking suggestions??? what worked for me its long walks...course i was about 3 days from my Due date and so i didnt wanna go too long lol...but two days in a row i went for a walk that was about 2 miles or so long (and was used to walking a lot so it wasnt too strenuous). anyway the 2nd day, i went into labor!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Im trying that....AmandaN1
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my doctor suggested sex, i was 2 weeks past due and it worked lol. He also suggested a glass of wine but I would double check with your doctor first depending on your medical history. My doctor told me i needed to relax and do what got me into the situation to begin with lol I have never seen my husband so happy to follow doctors orders. The nurse at your doctors office can also give you safe ideas to help you along. walking never worked for me, raspberry tea didnt work, spicy food didnt work so i finally talked to my doctor about non medical ways to help labor along.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The thing that worked for me was sex! I walked like crazy, they stripped my membranes, raspberry tea, all of it! As soon as I followed my doctor's orders and had sex, I literally was in labor an hour later.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009