for those who were induced

ok so tuesday morning i get induced...im fine with it...but i know my doctor is goin to use pitocin weve discussed that already...but i was wondering from the time i walk into the hospital at 5:30am til im pushing out that baby, what happens? like in steps if possible...im excited and nervous...i just really want to know what will happen,what am i allowed to do while waiting for delivery, plz help calm my expectations down thanx

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will walk in and you will get a gown to put on. They will ask for a urine sample. They will put a needle into your arm and administer pitocin. You can walk the halls or just hang out in your room. You may labor fast or labor long. This is up in the air and no one can really predict this. When the contractions start coming on hard. You can breathe through them until you cant stand it any longer and ask for meds. An epi is a wonder med but I am not sure if you are pro or against an api. An epi is a needle that goes into your spine and meds go into this until labor is finished. I found that an epi worked great for me. I breathed as long as I could until I wanted to climb the walls. When you are a 10 you will lay there with your knees up to your belly. You will push to ten take a breather and do it again over and over until you have a newborn raised up onto your chest. Good luck and congrats to you
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This was my induction experience. Got to the hospital at 5:30am...had to wait for a bed. Finally got my IV in at 8:30am. Once they started the Pitocin I couldn't walk around b/c they had to continuously monitor the baby. They started it out slow at first and turned up the drip little by little. They checked me every hour, but it was a slow process while they were waiting for the Pitocin to really kick in and work. I started to feel cramps around 11:30am. My doctor broke my water at 1:30pm and that's when active labor began. I got my epidural around 2ish and was fully dialated and ready to push by 4. Once I began to push they put my legs on big stirrups to help and I had my son at 5:10pm.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• They put gel on my cervix and I dilated from 3 to 5 or 6...then they broke my water and I dilated to 10 within an hour. So, I was in labor for 2 hours and pushed for 1!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The pictocin didnt work for me. They started me on around 8 by 6 they took me off so that i could eat and rest. They were gonna start again the next morning. Around 8 they gave me this cervical creme. That is what started my labor. By 10 I was in really bad pain and my baby was born at 4 the next morning
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009