Would you ever leave your child alone in the apartment?

Would you ever leave your baby alone in the apartment, secured in a swing while a movie was on just to go down the hall to the garbage shoot? A neighbor friend of mine did this and Im just wondering if you think thats bad or okay since its just a minute or two away and the baby is secured.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• like walk out the door, stay in hallway and throw a bag in garbage shoot? probably..seems kinda like running upstairs in my home to grab something and running back down.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If the baby is in a secure place and cannot get hurt and the mother stays in view of her door at all times then I see no problem with it. If she has to go around a corner and cannot keep her door in site than no. Then you never know what could happen.
    Also if she is doing this she needs to MAKE sure she has a key before she steps out, it would be horrible to be locked out with your baby all alone.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't live in an apartment building, I live in a house way the heck out in the country. We have about a 200-yard long driveway that sets us way back away from our closest neighbor, and I don't have any issue leaving my 14 month old alone for a few minutes. I don't think I would do it if I lived in an apartment building or neighbors who lived close to me.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well, as long as she brings her key and locks the door behind her, I don't see a problem. The whole process probably takes less than 2 minutes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, not as long as she is in sight of the door and the door is locked.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I left my son at home while I ran down the street to get some lunch, he was asleep in his crib and I was only gone for MAYBE 10mins...it's harmless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• wtf the answer above me is pushing it im sorry i would NEVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!! seriously you left your child home alone whos still little enough to be sleeping in a crib!?!?!?!?!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon 5:30, it's not harmless, it's stupid. No one leaves their baby home alone. Walking to the garbage chute while you can still see your door is fine, imo. Exiting the house because you're too lazy to fix lunch there (if you are out of food, take your baby) is just plain stupid and irresponsible. Illegal, too.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• "I left my son at home while I ran down the street to get some lunch, he was asleep in his crib and I was only gone for MAYBE 10mins...it's harmless. "

Harmless??? Are you F*CKING crazy??? Do you know how many things could have happened in those so called 10 mins?? Oh and if it's SOOOO harmless...why'd you go anon??? Cuz you know it's wrong. I can't even believe you seriously think it's safe to leave your house and go down the freaking street while your baby is at home alone. Ok so maybe the baby was secured..what if you had been hit by a car? What if something had happened to YOU and youre baby who YOU are responsible for is ALONE...omg I can't even believe this. Who the hell gave you a baby?
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009