Is there a difference between an exercise ball and a birthing ball?

I have one of those large exercise balls from walmart (the tough ones with the bean bag in to help hold it down). Is it the same as a "birthing ball"?

MamaDiedrich

Asked by MamaDiedrich at 5:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Exercise balls like light weight that you sit on to do sit ups and birthing balls are the same thing.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes I believe they are the same. google birthing ball & look at the image tabs. looks the same
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I call them yoga balls, but a lot of people say exercise ball. I have seen them as spheres, peanut shaped, half-sphere, etc.. Is it the half-sphere one what you meant with the bean bag?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• doulala - no mine is just a round ball, but it has a bean bag thing inside so it doesn't just roll about.
    MamaDiedrich

Answer by MamaDiedrich at 5:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• They are the same thing. The only difference is birthing balls cost more. I got an excercise ball for $20 online. It works great. I also go the bigger size (75cm) so I can take it to work to sit on.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009